Mercedes-EQ brand EQS, the first fully electric car in the luxury classwas introduced with a digital launch. The 2021 Mercedes EQS, which we can describe as the S-Class model of the electric vehicle world, draws attention with its features.
For a range of up to 770 kilometers and a range of up to 300 kilometers Rechargeable in 15 minutes EQS model, 2021 is scheduled to be launched in Turkey in the last quarter.
2021 Mercedes EQS impresses with its features and design
EQS stands out as the first model based on modular architecture for luxury and high-end electric vehicles. 245 kW power in the first stage EQS 450+ and 385 kW power EQS 580 4MATIC EQS models introduced in Turkey EQS 580 4MATIC will appear with the model.
All EQS versions have an electric powertrain (eATS) on the rear axle, while 4MATIC versions also have an eATS on the front axle.
EQS is offered with new generation batteries with much higher energy density. The larger of the two batteries, 107.8 kWh energy capacity owner. This figure means about 26 percent higher capacity compared to the EQC.
Offers 300 km range with 15 minutes charging
The EQS can be charged up to 200 kW in direct current fast charging stations. Only a 15-minute charge is sufficient for a range of up to 300 kilometers (WLTP). The EQS can be charged up to 22 kW with AC using the integrated charger at home or public charging points. There are also a variety of smart charging programs that can be activated automatically depending on location and functions such as battery-saving charging.
Electric Intelligence navigation plans the fastest and most convenient route, including charging breaks, taking into account many factors and responds instantly to traffic jams or changes in driving style, for example.
As a new feature, the infotainment system of EQS (MBUX – Mercedes-Benz User Experience) visualizes whether it is possible to return to the initial point of departure without charging with the available battery capacity.
Charging points on the route, which are added manually in the route calculation, can be preferred or recommended charging points can be excluded. In addition, estimated charging costs per charge are also calculated.
Mercedes EQS with striking details
- WLTP driving range of up to 770 kilometers, depending on battery size and vehicle version.
- For the aerodynamic world record of the EQS, several thousand computational runs were performed in the virtual wind tunnel with about 700 CPUs per compute. With a value of 0.20 Cd, the EQS takes the title of the most aerodynamic mass production car. The front area of the EQS is 2.51 m2, which creates an effective weather resistance of 0.5 m2.
- The torque transmitted by the EATS to the wheels is controlled and regulated 10,000 times per minute. The system responds much faster than the 4MATIC versions with mechanical all-wheel drive.
- The modular power-transfer system provides a wide power range between 245 kW and 385 kW. In addition, a performance version that generates up to 560 kW of power is planned.
- The EQS also records good values with its energy recovery: In the DAuto energy recovery program, deceleration is achieved with 3 m / s² recovery (2 m / s² wheel brakes) at the moment of deceleration of 5 m / s². This allows for deceleration to a standstill without using the brake pedal, while the range also benefits from this recovery strategy and high recovery level (up to 290 kW).
- Four automatic comfort doors are offered as an option. Using MBUX, the driver can also open the rear doors to allow children to enter the vehicle in front of the school, for example.
- The standard rear axle steering has a steering angle of up to 4.5 degrees, contributing to the useful and dynamic driving characteristics of the EQS. Alternatively, rear axle steering with a steering angle of up to 10 degrees can be ordered or activated via an over the air update (OTA). Thus, the EQS, which is more than 5 meters long, exhibits agile driving characteristics with a turning circle of 10.9 meters.
- DIGITAL LIGHT consists of three powerful LED light modules in each headlight, whose light is refracted and directed by 1.3 million micro mirrors. This means a resolution of over 2.6 million pixels per vehicle.
- Multiple displays combine with MBUX Hyperscreen to create a curved screen band of more than 141 centimeters wide. The area perceived by passengers is 2432.11 cm2.
- The 3D curved screen glass of MBUX Hyperscreen is shaped with a special process at 650 degrees. This process provides a clear view of the screen from different angles across the width of the vehicle.
- Depending on the hardware, up to 350 sensors monitor the functions of the EQS or match the vehicle’s environment. This doesn’t even include antennas. Sensors record, for example, distances, speeds and accelerations, lighting conditions, precipitation and temperatures, seat occupancy, as well as a blink of the driver or passengers’ speech.
- The optional driving sound of the EQS is interactive and adjusts itself to many parameters such as the position of the accelerator pedal, speed or energy recovery.
- 6 MOOD Linen, the name of the fragrance created specifically for EQS. Since the first electric cars were added to the product range in 1906 as “Mercédès Electrique”, they are named with the number 6.
- Over 40 discoveries are made available in the EQS. In addition, 20 design applications maintain the extraordinary design of the electric luxury sedan.
- To access the most important applications of MBUX, it is sufficient for the user to navigate at the 0 menu level. For this reason, it is called zero layer.
- The viewing area of the large head-up display, which is offered as an option, corresponds to a 77-inch diagonal screen. The imaging unit consists of a 1.3 million mirror high resolution matrix.
- The “Mercedes-Benz Star” is used in different points of the EQS, for example on the exterior, on the “Black Panel” or as an exterior design element such as a light alloy wheel. Inside, it is used in laser-cut backlit ornaments or digitally on the front passenger display. The original star of Daimler-Motorengesellschaft, which was registered as a trademark on February 9, 1911, is used in 3D by design.
- The HEPA filter, a part of the optional ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL Plus feature, cleans the outside air with its 9.82 dm 9, volume and high filtering level. More than 99.65 percent of particles of all sizes are removed. Approximately 600 grams of activated charcoal is used to neutralize odors. An area equivalent to about 150 football fields is fading.
- For intuitive feedback, the MBUX Hyperscreen has a total of 12 sensors under the touchpad. When the finger touches certain points, a tangible vibration is triggered on the surface.
- The Burmester® surround sound system in the EQS consists of 15 loudspeakers with a total power of 710 Watts and produces an extremely impressive, natural sound.
- A special surface coating on the screen of the MBUX Hyperscreen makes cleaning easy. The curved glass itself is made of scratch-resistant aluminum silicate material.
- The EQS is the first mass production car with a value of 0.20 Cd, and at this point, it largely benefits from Purposeful Design.
- MBUX stands out with technical values such as 8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB RAM memory bandwidth per second.
- The screen brightness of the MBUX Hyperscreen is adjusted according to the ambient conditions using measurement data from 1 multifunction camera and 1 light sensor.
- “Hey Mercedes” supports 27 languages with its Natural Language Understanding (NLU) feature.
- In 2022, a total of eight Mercedes-EQ electric vehicle series will be produced at seven locations on three continents.
- A 10-year or up to 250,000 km warranty is given for high-voltage batteries.
- The resource-saving materials used in the production of the EQS (recycled and renewable raw materials) weigh 80 kilograms.
What do you think of the 2021 Mercedes EQS? Did you like the vehicle? We are waiting your comments…