Android 12 features continues to emerge. The operating system, which is still accessible to developers, will begin to arrive on smartphones this year. On Android 12, your phones saving storage space A feature has emerged that will make it easier for you. The feature, which suspends inactive applications for a certain period, will also cancel user permissions.
Android 12 will revoke permissions of unused apps
Google to smartphones with Android 11 “Revoking the permissions of unused applications” talent. Applications that have not been active for a certain period of time storage camera It further improved the feature in Android 12 that disables their access, such as. Temporary files, cache files and build structures created by obsolete applications on the device will be cleaned. Notifications will also be stopped. In this way, the user will save the storage space of his phone and will not encounter unwanted notification messages.
XDA Developers team shared particularly relevant screenshots to be added to Android 12. In the phone’s Settings menu “Application Information” to page “Unused applications” stated that a new section named. There is an option in the images that enables the feature to be activated or deactivated in the desired application. Here, the user will be able to exempt the application he wants from Android 12’s sanction by turning off the relevant setting. So their permissions will not be revoked and their temporary files will not be cleaned.
Android 12 already Developer Preview 1 and 2 versions published. However, in these two versions, there was no evidence of the new feature. Will be published in the upcoming period With beta updates It is estimated that Google will add it to smartphones.
Android 12’s release schedule
As Google does every year, Android 12 versions gradually publishing. The first three Android 12 builds from February to April are released as developer previews. The update schedule planned for the upcoming months is as follows:
– Developer Preview 1: The first core compilation focused on developer feedback with new features, APIs, and behavior changes. (Published)
– Developer Preview 2: Upcoming update with additional features, APIs and behavior changes. (Published)
– Developer Preview 3: Update to be released for stability and performance.
In may Android 12 Betawill be available for general users via the OTA channel. Google has added an extra beta this year. It will also release it in August.
– Beta 1: The first beta quality release will come for Android Beta signers and early adopters.
– Beta 2-3: New Beta quality version.
– Beta 4: Platform stabilization, final APIs and Google Play validation.
– Candidate version (Candidate): The last beta version before the full release.
September 2021 (according to estimates)
– Latest version: Android 12 will be released in stable form.